The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course provides a thorough introduction to Web Applications Development using the wildly popular Ruby on Rails framework. With almost 30 hours of engaging video lectures and text follow-up lectures with directions, references and all the code used in the videos, this course is designed to take students with no programming/web development experience to accomplished Ruby on Rails developers while being just as useful for students who have experience coding in Rails and want to take their skills to the next level or students who are making the the switch to Ruby on Rails from other frameworks.
Why Ruby on Rails? Since its introduction, Ruby on Rails has rapidly become one of the most powerful and popular tools for building web applications for both startups and existing software houses. Some of the top sites using Ruby on Rails are Basecamp, Twitter, Shopify, Github, LivingSocial, Groupon, Hulu, Airbnb, Yellow Pages and much more. Ruby on Rails developers command some of the highest salaries in the development world and are in high demand.
This course takes a very structured approach of teaching Rails starting with Ruby - the programming language behind Rails. Everything from "Hello World" to Object Oriented Programming is covered. Students acquire skills rapidly utilizing homework assignments, quizzes, coding exercises and free web based resources alongside the video lectures. The text lectures also provide reference material after each video, it's like having multiple books in addition to the videos to guide students through the course.
At first all the code is done from scratch limiting the use of shortcuts and generators so students can understand what's really going on under the hood of Rails applications and can design them the way they want. Then with solid knowledge and understanding already in place, rapid prototyping methods are introduced in later parts of the course, showing use of generators and scaffolding, finishing with a complete Software as a Service Application that can be used to launch a startup!
Some key features of this course are:
- 230+ lectures and 29+ hours of video content
- Ruby programming from writing your first program to say "Hello World" to Object Oriented Programming while building multiple mini-projects along the way
- Rails 4 using cloud-based Integrated Development Environment so no setup necessary
- Git for version control, Github as code repository, Heroku for production deployment
- Working with Amazon Web Services S3 bucket for storage, Sendgrid for production email functionality,Multi-Tenancy using Milia
- Custom credit card form creation and working with Stripe API to implement payment processing functionality
- Rails MVC structure in-depth - Models, Views, Controllers
- FREE live support
- Design and conceptualization using wireframing tools
- Building authentication systems from scratch using default Rails stack, including admin feature, log in/logout and signup at first, then learning how to use Devise and then extend the basic functionality provided by Devise to customize it and speed up authentication systems
- Bootstrap for UI styling
- Learning to build test suites by writing Unit, Functional and Integration tests
- Migrations, one-to-many and complex many-to-many associations at the database layer and implementation with Rails using ActiveRecord
- much, much more!
Hi, I'm Mashrur, I have been a technology professional for over a decade and have degrees in Computer Science and Economics
I have worked with Enterprise Software Systems throughout my career with roles played in analysis, development and management. I lead projects using both agile and waterfall methodologies and am well versed in the inner workings of the software development and delivery world.
During my career, I've realized how much I enjoyed training new hires and new team members and helping them succeed. I've dedicated a good amount of time over the last 7 years on-boarding new analysts and developers and working with them to build and maintain systems which puts me in a very unique position of knowing what new entrants to a field or subject need to succeed. I strongly believe in a focus on fundamentals and practice and not in shortcuts or gimmicks.
I'm very passionate about web application development and I prototype and build web apps in entrepreneurial pursuits. Ruby on Rails has proven to be a very strong force in this field and is especially powerful for startups looking to prototype ideas rapidly and subsequently building on that platform as the ideas catch on.
So join me for my comprehensive Ruby on Rails Developer courses as I guide you through the world of web application development using Rails and bringing your ideas to life.